Constructing a Life of Purpose
By Todd Duncan
You might be thinking that your circumstances are too difficult or that you are too old to change your life’s direction. But waiting longer will not make anything easier; the time to start is now and you can make a difference. The fact of the matter is most people don’t pick up their hammer of purpose and begin building. Or if they do, their actions are too few and with little direction. It is no wonder that the walls of many people’s lives are crumbling.
10 Tips to Stay Focused
1. Begin at the end. Your purpose is the foundation of your life.
2. Change your beliefs. Never be a self-doubter or a negative self-talker. You were designed for far more than you believe you are capable of achieving.
3. Raise your standards. Continue to raise them throughout your life, setting aside time each year to ask yourself the question, “How can I raise the bar in my life this year?”
4. Strive for excellence. If it can be done better, be the one to do it. If it wasn’t excellent the first time, do it again. Quality is one of the most important ingredients for success.
5. Make smart choices. Don’t underestimate the power of a smart decision.
6. Develop your discipline. Nothing defines you more than what you do on a regular basis. Create habits that move you closer to your goals.
7. Learn your lessons. None of us are perfect; you will make mistakes. Admit your mistakes and move forward.
8. Persevere with patience. Live one day at a time, enjoying the excitement and beauty of the process.
9. Refine your edges. Always look for ways to increase the value of your life. Remain open and teachable.
10. Concentrate on character. Do what you say you will do- always follow through. And when you don’t or can’t- admit your mistakes promptly.comments powered by Disqus